Starting from November 13, 2010 to April 30th 2010, it will be my mission for a year to try to collect 100, 000 books for the Metro Detroit Literary Community.
I know the impact of books in a home for a child and I want to give every home that doesn't have books in Detroit some.
This sounds like an interesting challenge and I'm asking everyone to help me.
I love books. My mother put that love in my heart way before I came into this earth and I'm blessed to have passed this love to my children.
Now I want to share my love with everyone out there who struggles to make a choice to buy a book or pay a bill in Detroit. I don't want to see anyone have to make that choice.
Plus statistics states even one book in a household increases the chances of a child graduating from high school*
If you would like to drop your book off in person, subscribe to this site (see sidebar) and when you see I'm having an event, come and bring your books to donate (while picking up a couple of copies of mine - although that's not a requirement).
Friday, December 31, 2010
Thursday, December 30, 2010
As 2011 approaches, I've decided two things... get back to writing mystery and suspense and to also get down to reading more mystery and suspense.
Last year was mostly technical books on things, but now that I think I got that under my thumb, I'm going to get these fingers to writing some good stuff for my readers and that means reading something goo.
Click here to read all my goals
Here at my blogspot, I've deemed it my reading blog and I wanted to host Book Chick city Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge.
The majority of the books will be e-books so I can read from my phone. I've made it my mission one a month, but I hope to increase that. I just wish God would grant me that 13th and 14th hour.
Without further ado, here's the Book Chick city Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge.
* To read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)
* You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
* You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
* At the beginning of Jan 2011, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews. There will be a monthly prize too courtesy of the lovely Simon & Schuster - you must be signed up to the challenge and add the link to your review to be entered into the monthly prize draw.
1. Buying Time by Pamela Samuels Young
Off to find books! Wish me luck!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Thursday, December 02, 2010
|Click thru for more detail : http://sylviahubbard.com/blogs|
Click thru for more detail : http://sylviahubbard.com/blogs
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
* 5 p.m. - Sandra Peoples (Coach Sandra), author of Foolish (novel) and the Truth About Self-publishing Workbook and CD and The Business Toolkit; coachsand.blogspot.com and authorsandra.info.
* 5:30 - Minesh Baxi, business and personal coach, motivational speaker and author/co-author of Stop Hiring Losers, Network Your Way to $100,000 and Beyond, and 30 Day Total Business Makeover; www.mineshbaxi.com.
* 5:50 p.m. - Library Roundup! with Jamie Morris of the Macomb/Clinton Public Library District, to discuss December library events; www.cmpl.com
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
click thru for more information...
check out the blog achieves at: http://sylviahubbard.com/blogs
Click Here For Details
Sylvia Hubbar'ds Fiction Bookstore
Or pass the word to five friends because word of mouth is the best advertising and the more people that know about me the better chance I have to get that dream publishing deal from that dream publisher. Help a sistah out! Click Here or click the envelope above.