Thursday, August 21, 2008

Emperor's Addiction Chapter 25.3 - about time!

Writing Actions Scenes

Suspense involves a lot of elements. Killing scenes and love scenes I've mastered perfectly. (A little bit too good on the love scenes, huh, LOL.)

But the action scenes have been a challenge for me for a while.

The best action scene I've written is in Stealing Innocence when Onyx and Lethal entered the house and Onyx took that guy out with extreme prejudice. Dropped him like a bad habit and didn't blink. Then there was the warehouse scene where the bad men were shooting up a storm with the kids and Kimberly.

I liked that one.

Although that the scene where William fought with the killer in Stone's Revenge was pretty good too.

I mean when its involved in killing I've been surpriseningly and scarily pretty good too.

The Hearts have always been an action family and they've been a good outlet to write. But these darn action scenes are so damn detailed in this book because I'm dealing with more than one Heart at a time and they've all got drama of their own that weaves around main story line.

This makes it more complicated and harder to write.

Or more like exhausting. Can you just imagine having all these big strong overwhelming men in one room all taking and doing things?

That's how I feel and that's why i've been slow at posting things because I have to take them one layer at a time so I don't feel so damn overwhelmed (especially when dealing with King and Lethal.)

thank you for your patience with me and no, you don't have to check out Expedia deals to Detroit. I'm fine.

I'm currently trying to get this story out theway and concentrate on my conference.

Plus, i'm re-editing His Substitute Wife... My Sister, which I think will be my next paperback in 2009. I'll release it exclusively on Amazon on paperback and see how the sells go. It's a big book and i'm going to trim it down some although I think the story is just wonderful. I might even break the story up and go from there. That'd be fly... oh yeah, now that I'm thinking about it and writing about it, I think I'd be just perfect.

Can you tell me where I could possibly break it up at though? and then I'll need a subtitle for each part. Help a sister out.

If you haven't read His Substitute Wife... My Sister, you can do so now by going to http://lulu.com/sylviahubbard and picking up your copy.

Enjoy...




This chapter is no longer available.

Book to come soon.

Subscribe for updates at: http://sylviahubbard.com

8 comments:

Sylvia Hubbard said...

you guys are pretty quiet so comment. you're making me nervous

Eva D said...

oh my good lord. reese is gonna have the biggest bombshell dropped on her. meeting her mama and theen meeting her dad and theeen finding out he's gonna die if she doesn't give him her kidney. she's not gonna like emperor for keeping all that from her. and wtf is wrong wit luce. he seems more creepy than big ole king and his sexy self lol. i still want my king and lethal sandwich ms. syl... or somebody jeez!

Unknown said...

nooooooo its endingggggggg!!!!! i knew it was coming but its still bittersweet.

Suprina said...

I'm with Theirdre on this one, Sylvia. There are just too many Hearts in one place. It made me feel even less of a dunce when you, the author, admitted to being overwhelmed by all these Hearts, too.

Whew! Thought I was losing my edge for a second there. lol.

As for this post, Sylvia, I really liked how Lethal and King had so many similarities even though they can't stand each other. How King got Treasure smart aleky behind back in line. I'm looking forward to seeing how all this will end.

Btw, what about Em's daughter? Did we ever find out if she'd preggers or not? When will she come back in the picture? I hope crazy-as-a-roach Juanita hasn't kidnapped Em's daughter and ex-wife because he kidnapped Reese. You know, that whole eye for an eye thing.

I guess we'll all see in a bit, huh?

Keep up the good work, Sylvia.

Suprina

Anonymous said...

Suprina, do you write cause most of the time you are on point with Syl... Sometimes you are giving un noticed hints to the story..

Syl, I agree with them all, too many Hearts to keep up with. King is a KING - just a few moments with him and I will be good, put that in check!! lol

Is Juanita or her real mother going to meet her? Please let it be the real mother! Where is Em's daughter - Is she preg? Is Lethal and King going to meet at the hospital over her dad's death bed? Reese is going to pass out!

Ok, last question when is the last post, no bomb shells this time, just let it marinate on us!!

Suprina said...

Tia: Yep!

*smile*

Suprina

Tori said...

This is about to be a blood bath with everyone in place. There are still alot of questions that needs to be answered like Em's daughter, Juanita, & Reese real mother. What about Reese other sisters, will she ever meet them. It's so much.

Anonymous said...

Yea I forgot about Em daughter. Is she pregnant. You know what Em ex-wife needs her a** kick too.

Books

Books
all books by Sylvia Hubbard - collect them all!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR HOW MANY BOOKS YOU'VE READ BY THIS AUTHOR! SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SIDEBAR AND CAST YOUR VOTES. EVEN IF YOU VOTED, BUT READ MORE, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR VOTE! VOTE TODAY AND VOTE OFTEN! THANKS

PUBLICIST DONATION

Help Me Pay My Publicist!


Click Here For Details



Or do me one better and buy a book at my bookstore (they make great gifts for all)!:
Sylvia Hubbar'ds Fiction Bookstore


Or pass the word to five friends because word of mouth is the best advertising and the more people that know about me the better chance I have to get that dream publishing deal from that dream publisher. Help a sistah out! Click Here or click the envelope above.
The copyright to the text of the blog is held by the author, where applicable. All images displayed are copyright their respective owners and are used either under licence or under the fair use provisions of international copyright law.