Monday, September 08, 2008

The Mystery of Love


Donna Hill (guest blogger)



Since my early days of reading I was a devout mystery reader. I was groomed on Agatha Christie, Eric Lustbader, and the like. Even my years of reading Greek mythology was filled with mystery. So it was inevitable that once the writing bug hit me that I would write my own mystery. It didn’t quite happen that way. I became an accidental romance writer.

I got my first short story published in Black Romance magazine back in 1997. And although it was a relationship story (as it had to be) there was a level of mystery in it as well. The character falls asleep on a bus ride home and her story begins when she gets dropped off on a dark street.

And when I began to get published in novel form my romances always held some level of mystery or suspense. My second novel Indiscretions was a murder mystery, Temptation featured a character that was hiding his true identity, Wicked Ways and Getting Hers is murder and mayhem gone wild, and Guilty Pleasures is all about the con. Those are just a few examples.

Because my reading tastes are entrenched in the mystery and suspense genre I love to throw a curve ball into my romances and it gives (to me) another level to the romance and a challenge for the couples. And in the reverse, my mainstream fiction always has the challenge of a relationship beneath it and that comes from my years of romance writing and the demands of writing a romance which insists that relationships are developed.

I think it’s a great marriage and I hope that my readers do as well!

Donna


Charade! is back same steamy story with a brand new sizzling cover

On The Line...Available Wherever Books Are Sold

Sex and Lies Available Wherever Books Are Sold... Book 1 of The Ladies Cartel series

http://donnahill.blogspot.com/

Join my fanclub and become part of the movement http://dhfanclub.ning.com/

To purchase any of Donna's Novel's please go to: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/105-2685913-7088456?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=donna+hill





No comments:

Books

Books
all books by Sylvia Hubbard - collect them all!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR HOW MANY BOOKS YOU'VE READ BY THIS AUTHOR! SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SIDEBAR AND CAST YOUR VOTES. EVEN IF YOU VOTED, BUT READ MORE, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR VOTE! VOTE TODAY AND VOTE OFTEN! THANKS

PUBLICIST DONATION

Help Me Pay My Publicist!


Click Here For Details



Or do me one better and buy a book at my bookstore (they make great gifts for all)!:
Sylvia Hubbar'ds Fiction Bookstore


Or pass the word to five friends because word of mouth is the best advertising and the more people that know about me the better chance I have to get that dream publishing deal from that dream publisher. Help a sistah out! Click Here or click the envelope above.
The copyright to the text of the blog is held by the author, where applicable. All images displayed are copyright their respective owners and are used either under licence or under the fair use provisions of international copyright law.