JoeyPinkney.com Exclusive Interview
5 Minutes, 5 Questions With…
Dara Nichole, author of Called Out
(Beautiful Works Publishing)

Akiva Niran is finally entering her senior year of high school. These three years have been tough at Community Tech High School, but she made it. However, her last year in school comes with many more challenges.

Between her brother coming-of-age and getting more attention from girls, to her cousin dealing with her relationship with a boyfriend that is way too old for her, Akiva is giving a lot of her prayer time, wisdom and herself to her family.

Joey Pinkney: Where did you get the idea and inspiration to write Called Out?

Dara Nichole: Actually, when I was young I read all the time! What I realized as I got older was that, there were no books that represented me, or my beliefs. I wanted to write books for the next generation that represent wholesome, Godly African-American teens that other teens can use as a role model.

JP: What sets Called Out apart from other novels in its genre?

DN: It's Christian Fiction, but some of the characters are not so Christian. It's young, fun, and drama filled.

JP: As an author, what are the keys to your success that lead to Called Out getting out to the public?

DN: Believing in what I am selling, and letting EVERYONE know about my book. I believe in myself, and I believe in the message. I think that is the most important part in getting your name out there.

JP: As an author, what is your writing process? How long did it take for you to start and finish Called Out?

DN: I have no process… I just write when I am in the mood. I work on creating an outline first. When the mood to write hits me, I can follow that and add and subtract what I feel is necessary. That helps me to stay organized but still be creative.

It took me about 3 months to write Called Out. I had so many stories in my head so it was easy to write but difficult to edit because I wanted to keep so much in the story.

JP: What's next for Dara Nichole?

DN: My book release party October 23rd! It's in Ferndale, Michigan, at Blumz by J.R. from 6-10pm! I'm so very excited! I'm also working on my second fiction book In His Shadow and also a second edition to Called Out

I may even make it a series but not sure yet! I am putting together some ideas for a body-image book for teens as well.

http://www.authordaranichole.com
http://www.facebook.com/daranichole
http://www.twitter.com/daranichole
http://www.walkinconfidence.com

info@authordaranichole.com

P.S. To join the JoeyPinkney.com Newsletter, click here.

Please click on the banners t
o learn more about each JoeyPinkney.com sponsor:





























You need to advertise with JoeyPinkney.com! (Click here for more information.)