Tuesday, August 28, 2012

AUTHOR SPOTLITE: Janiera Eldridge @lazenbeauty SOUL SISTERS (vol 1) via @SPNHeather



About this author:

I adore writing. I write about anything and everything that started as a little idea in my mind and grew into a big one. Whatever I write you can be assured it is from my heart! Click here to visit her website.

Facebook URL:http://www.facebook.com/janiera.eldridge.1
Twitter URL:: http://twitter.com/lazenbeauty


Soul Sisters (Volume 1)

order your copy now



SYNOPSIS

Soul Sisters is an urban fantasy novel about African-American twin sisters Ani and Dana who have a rather unique secret: one sister is human while the other is a vampire. While the sisters have lived peacefully with each other for many years one fateful night will change both their lives forever. When a drunken man tries to attack Dana (the human sister) Ani (the vampire sister) protects her sister with all of her ferocious power. 

However, when the vampire’s leader Donovan finds out about the public display he calls for the sisters to be assassinated for disobedience. Ani and Dana now are in for the fight of their lives to protect each other as well as the lives of their dedicated friends who have joined them on their mission for survival. If Dana and Ani can make it through this time of uncertainty, Ani can take her new place as vampire queen. Soul Sisters is expected to be a trilogy; The book also features a multicultural cast of characters that brings a new edge of chic to the vampire world.


1. Hi Janiera, tell us a little bit about yourself and where you are from?
I love to read and support other indie authors like myself.  I've been born and raised in Florida and I love the wonderful weather here! When I'm not writing or reading I'm working as a freelance writer. My favorite subjects to write on are entertainmentbeauty, books and health. I'm always looking for work because I'm always working lol. I'm also a movie buff and I love trying new and exotic foods.

2. What books have you read that has influence your writing?
The Twilight novels are a huge inspiration for me. It got me started reading and writing again so for that I am forever grateful. The vampire genre has been my favorite ever since.  As far as the mystery element to my book Dean Koontz's book are a huge inspiration because they stay shocking. He is one of my favorite writers.

3. What advice will you give inspiring writers?
Believe in YOUR work. Sometimes it might seem like no one believes in your work but if you do, nothing else matters. And if the publishers turn you down remember, there's a little a thing called self-publishing and it is awesome!

4. Tell us more about Soul Sisters. Sibling Twins, Ani and Dana sound very interesting!
Ani and Dana are twin sisters with a unique situation, one is a vampire and one is human. Now they are both immortal but Ani gets all of the cool vampire features.  They also can not survive without each other hence why their lives get so messy in this book. I've had a lot of people ask me how this happened but I won't tell, you'll have to read the book to find out.

5. Where can people purchase this book and find out more about any of your other literary endeavors?
You can purchase Soul Sisters through my website Books & Beauty on Kindle for just $2.99 or paperback for just $10! I also post about upcoming plans with my writing when I'm not supporting other authors.

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt

Dana could not help but let out a slight chuckle. “Your people? And who are your people?”

“I cannot tell you that right now in case you decide that you do not want to go through with this

process. What we have to offer is very secret. We are offering your husband a second chance at life.

We offer you a chance at eternal life. You must give us a piece of yourself, however, to create a soul

sister which will become one of our kind.”

“You will give me eternal life?” Dana asked raising a pointed eyebrow.

“Yes. The process will be virtually painless. You may feel a slight stinging in your blood at first but

then you will not feel much of anything at all. Your soul sister will look exactly like you but will be a

bit…different.” Donovan sat up and straightened out his black fur coat. “Your soul sister will leave you

alone if you wish but, in times of danger she will be right there by your side. There is nothing you can do

about this; she will be there to protect you from any harm that comes your way.”

“Will there be people coming after me when this process is completed?” This part sounded the most

troubling to Dana and she wondered just who-or what-could put her in danger.

“There may be a time much later where who you are might become a problem, but that will not be for

many, many years. You will also have plenty of notice before that happens, trust me. So, do you want to

move forward with this or are you ready to take a chance and face the rest of your life without your soul

mate?”

Dana felt threatened by his last words. She didn’t know if she could leave at this point even if she

wanted to. The drop in his voice during the last few sentences sounded like more of a threat than an

explanation. Dana had to admit to herself, though, that what he was hinting at was right. She didn’t

want to spend the rest of her life without Bryson. Her mother always told her that a true woman did

what she had to do in order to keep herself and the ones around her safe. This is what she had to do and

she was prepared to do it without more thinking. However, she had one more question she needed to

know the answer to.

“Will my husband receive eternal life with me?” Dana sat up straight trying not to let her fear show

through her body or on her face.

“I cannot give him eternal life; I can only offer that to you and your soul sister. My people are only

responsible for restoring his health and giving him a second chance at life.” Although this really

disappointed Dana she knew that having a second chance at life was better than letting him die so

young. The years she had to face without waking up to him every morning would be painful but, she

would always treasure the extra years they had together.

“All the same, I want to do this and get it over with. Wait! What exactly is your kind? I’ve agreed to do

it. I think I have the right to know now.”

Donovan took a deep swallow and cleared his voice, “My people are famous supposed monsters from

medieval folklore. Once I tell you this you have to go through with the process, you can never turn

back.” Donovan sat down next Dana.

“What are your people? Werewolves?”Dana gave a slight smile.

“No. Vampires,” Donovan said with a perfectly straight face. There was a moment of uncomfortable

silence between the two of them.

“Ok, I’m not really sure what is going on here but, I need you to save my husband’s life. As long as you

are not turning me into a vampire then I’m willing to do this.”

“Your soul sister is the vampire; you will live as a normal human being for all of eternity.”

“Ok, well, what do I have to do?” Dana’s eyes fluttered continually due to nervousness. She was

ashamed at how much of her vulnerability was showing. If he claimed his people were vampires than

what exactly were they capable of?

“Come.” He stood up and extended his long graceful hand to Dana while she sat completely motionless.

For the first time Donovan realized how beautiful Dana was and what a walking powerhouse her soul

sister will be.

No comments:

Books

Books
all books by Sylvia Hubbard - collect them all!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR HOW MANY BOOKS YOU'VE READ BY THIS AUTHOR! SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SIDEBAR AND CAST YOUR VOTES. EVEN IF YOU VOTED, BUT READ MORE, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR VOTE! VOTE TODAY AND VOTE OFTEN! THANKS

PUBLICIST DONATION

Help Me Pay My Publicist!


Click Here For Details



Or do me one better and buy a book at my bookstore (they make great gifts for all)!:
Sylvia Hubbar'ds Fiction Bookstore


Or pass the word to five friends because word of mouth is the best advertising and the more people that know about me the better chance I have to get that dream publishing deal from that dream publisher. Help a sistah out! Click Here or click the envelope above.
The copyright to the text of the blog is held by the author, where applicable. All images displayed are copyright their respective owners and are used either under licence or under the fair use provisions of international copyright law.