Friday, January 05, 2007

Sin's Iniquity - Chapter 5.3

Author's Note: right now, I'm just angry a bit. Someone broke into my car by smashing the window WHEN THE DOOR WAS ALREADY UNLOCKED!!!!! I don't mind that they were in desperate need of money, but if you're a crook, could you at least make it a little easy for the person you're robbing by not causing unnessary damage to the car.

Oh gawd, I feel a blog entry coming on, cause I need to rant about this, LOL, even though I know no one would care. BTW, guess what, I got on Fox 2 Detroit community website. Go to http://community.myfoxdetroit.com/ and scroll down to Entertainment. My blog is featured there. I felt so elated about that and it made my day a little better, but i was still very upset about the car. I'm going to the sewing store to get some vinyl to get that fixed.

Responses to comments:

Anonymous from 2: Ouch! That was a complete downer, but since that doesn't change the price of tea in China, I really can't argue with you. I'll try to do better.

Offline Reader comment: I'm trying to edit as fast as I can post. Right now I'm hungry because I'm fasting so don't expect a NY Times Best seller. But I'll do better.

@ Ronalda: Guess I'm doing something right. Thank you. And yes, the "Demons that Sin has" was a very good pun. I might take that on the promo trail for this, LOL.

Alright, I'll try to post early tomorrow as well and then Sunday, I'll pop this sucker in a book so you can download what we've read so far, just like usual.

For the newer readers, back in the day before I had Internet at home, you would have to wait all weekend until Monday to find out what was going to happen. So I've come a long way, huh?

Enjoy...

“Dwight Bowman, what the hell did you do to her?” Taylor Bellini asked incredulously.

She was about four years his elder and hell on wheels. Her cousins and even her brothers loved to call her Loki’s daughter because she was a fan of mischief and deceit. She loved to cause havoc in people’s lives and could give a flying fig if it hurt someone or not.

Dwight knew her of well because since he had been with Delano Bellini. There had been rumors that Dalton Bellini, who was CEO of Bellini Enterprises, was looking for a vice-president. It was rumored that Dalton had no intentions of picking a male cousin or brother, which meant he was opening up the way for either a female Bellini (there being only two – Taylor and his sister, Angelina) or someone who worked for the Bellini’s in a powerful position who wasn’t a Bellini. Taylor wanted that position more than anything and was willing to do whatever she had to do in order to get herself to that position.

Dwight was a prime candidate and Delano had gone to bat for him when Dalton had called over to inquire. Of course, word got to Taylor about Dalton’s interest in Dwight and she was not happy.

On every turn, she used the opportunity to either make Dwight look bad or make his deals fall through, but proved to be unsuccessful and it didn’t once make Dwight upset or lose control. He rarely lost his temper for anything. Although Delano had been very peeved when a deal fell through for their company because of Taylor’s mischievous ways and wanted to put her over his knee.

When her deceit couldn’t get to Dwight, she called him gay. Being that she was a woman, the remark didn’t bother him, but the fact that she had screamed it at the top of her lungs at the last family gathering had been embarrassing in itself.

He was not gay! “I didn’t do a damn thing,” he growled now at her as he impatiently
waited outside of the bathroom for Sinclaire to stop throwing up.

“Well, you got that poor girl in there throwing up like crazy all over the place and I’m thinking she might need medical attention. So fess up.”

“I didn’t do a damn thing, except kiss her,” he defended himself.

“And what did you say to her?”

“I told her she was beautiful, smart and I wanted the pleasure of her company.”

Taylor looked taken aback. “That’s it? You told her that?”

“Yes, what’s wrong with that?”

She took his thick arm and forced him to step away from the door to speak in confidence to him. “She doesn’t look like the kind of woman that gets compliments, Dwight. You don’t just go around professing your love to strange women just because I called you gay.”

“I didn’t profess any love to her Taylor. I just expressed what I was feeling.” All his senses told him that Taylor wasn’t trying to help, but for some reason he wanted to hear what she was going to advise him of, because nothing like this had ever happened to him before.
Defensively, he said, “And you calling me gay has nothing to do with approaching her. I just happened to meet her and she … I liked her. What’s wrong with telling her exactly how I feel?”

“Because even I couldn’t believe something like that.”

Sourly, he said, “I don’t lie to get ass.”

“But you’re Dwight Bowman,” Taylor said obviously. “A very prominent man in the
business world not only because of your skills, but just because you are associated with the Bellini Enterprise.” This was said with a lot of arrogance in her voice. “And even if she doesn’t know that, you’re white, overly gorgeous and she doesn’t look like she gets a lot of offers even from ugly men. So you being interested could seem very farfetched.”

He started to turn to the door, but she held firm his arm to prevent him.

She spoke quickly. “Just listen to me, Dwight, and even though you say that comment I made hasn’t affected your judgment, maybe the fact that I said it brought out this desperation to find a woman. I mean Delano told me you’ve been to yourself all these years and it was a valid assumption.”

“No, Taylor, it was cold and cruel, but what can I expect from a frigid bitch?”

She only flinched. “I’m not going to stand here and allow you to say those things to me.”

“I’m not going to listen to you try to convince me that I am only attracted to her out of
desperation. I know what I want and I want her.”

Clicking her tongue in disappointment, she shook her head with a look of disappointment on her face. “Always seeking revenge on the woman who didn’t want you, huh? You’ll never get over Amelia, will you? But you plan on making every other woman’s life miserable to pay her back.” Huffing, she said, “You always get what you want, right, Dwight?”

Still hotly angry about what she had said earlier to him, he arrogantly, said, “Yes, Taylor.”

“Except Amelia begging for your forgiveness and wanting to have you back in her arms no matter how much money you’re worth.”

In all his life, he had never wanted to do physical violence on any woman, but Taylor Bellini
could make the Pope want to commit murder. “Your spoiled silly meddling won’t mean a damn thing just in case you get any ideas of my getting what I want.”

“I think it will when you find out she’s gone.”

“Gone? What do you mean gone?” he asked alarmed.

Taylor smiled wickedly narrowing her beautiful olive eyes. “I mean she’s left the building. I gave her my car to get home.”

He cursed loud enough for any one in the vicinity to hear him as he charged inside of the woman’s bathroom. Taylor Bellini was a trifling no good bitch, bent on making anyone in association with her cousin’s lives miserable.

THIS REST OF THESE POSTS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE. GO TO: http://www.lulu.com/content/591004



Sin's Iniquity - Chapter 5.3 (c) 2007 Sylvia Hubbard

Can you name all the Bellini's and Hearts?

I've challenged my readers to give me as many names as they can think of. The winner will receive a special prize. Send entries to sylviahubbard1@yahoo.com with "Bellini and Hearts" in the subject line. Contest ends Jan 31st 2007.


Post a Comment if You haven't.

I'd love to know what you think...





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think she does this on purpose! Man this book is good!!! Sylvia Hubbard, I'm Jamaica, when am i going to see your books here? I've combed thruough amost every book store...cant find you. Darling, do something about will ya?

Do you have any contacts in Jamaica by the way?

Now post!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am lovin this story. Are any of your other stories about interracial couples.

Books

Books
all books by Sylvia Hubbard - collect them all!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR HOW MANY BOOKS YOU'VE READ BY THIS AUTHOR! SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SIDEBAR AND CAST YOUR VOTES. EVEN IF YOU VOTED, BUT READ MORE, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR VOTE! VOTE TODAY AND VOTE OFTEN! THANKS

PUBLICIST DONATION

Help Me Pay My Publicist!


Click Here For Details



Or do me one better and buy a book at my bookstore (they make great gifts for all)!:
Sylvia Hubbar'ds Fiction Bookstore


Or pass the word to five friends because word of mouth is the best advertising and the more people that know about me the better chance I have to get that dream publishing deal from that dream publisher. Help a sistah out! Click Here or click the envelope above.
The copyright to the text of the blog is held by the author, where applicable. All images displayed are copyright their respective owners and are used either under licence or under the fair use provisions of international copyright law.