Friday, February 03, 2006

Tanner's Devil 9.2

Oh my goodness. Devlin's a trip to write from. Being in his head is like being in the mind of a very complicated man with basic needs. He's fun. I like him
Enjoy....
+++++++++++++++++++
“Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound, Devlin? I’m a prostitute; you’re my john. There’s no way to avoid the fact that you come from high society and I’m nothing, but street trash.”
He started to speak, but she stopped him by putting her hand up to his face.
“Hear me out, Devlin. You are wealthy well known and with expectations from not only family, but society, to marry someone who is worthy!” Placing her hands on her chest to emphasize her point, she said, “I’m not that person. Yes, I said any woman would be honored and I am, but I’m not worthy.”
The look in his spearmint eyes, clearly told her she had not convinced him one bit.
Tanner huffed in frustrations. “You are a duke or something. You don’t come off your throne, go to Detroit, pick up a prostitute and decide to spend the rest of your life with her. That’s not only stupid, it just doesn’t happen! Even if I am a former prostitute and only came out of retirement for you in order to secure my education and my future, marrying you would be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever done besides falling in love with a pimp and a man who kept me addicted to drugs just enough to pimp me out.” She couldn’t hide the hurt in her voice or her eyes to him of the horrible past she had experience. He had to understand that her education and becoming a legit nurse practioner was the only saving grace she had in her life. “I’ve worked too hard to get where I am and I don’t want to depend on another man to take care of me. Whether its your wife or your mistress. You’re a nice man and the loss of your virginity to me has made you blind as to what I was. I won’t allow you to make a decision because you’re thinking with the brain between your legs and not the one between your ears.”
The room was quiet as she waited for him to soak in all she had said.
After a few seconds, he finally spoke, “You’ve said your point. Now it’s my turn.”
Tanner started to speak again, but he placed a finger lightly over her lips.
“Hear me out,” Devlin ordered superciliously.
The tone of voice was almost imperialistic and the force of his words didn’t frighten her, but had a reverse effect of turning her on.
“Since I was sixteen, I’ve made decisions and no one can ever say I was foolhardy in my thinking. True, sex is new to me once I had experienced it hands-on, thanks to you. But I am and always will be businessman and any decision I make whether personal or business will effect what I do in my position.” Taking off his cap, he huffed in his own frustration. “I haven’t sat on a throne since the prime minister died and I had to hold the place the summer before I went to college until his son came home from college. This discussion is ridiculous. I cannot believe we are even trying to debate this subject.”
“I can’t believe it either,” she agreed. The idea of really being some type of royal was really overwhelming to Tanner.
Devlin gently held her shoulders and she allowed him to pull her closer to him, forcing her eyes to meet his, which were so serious. “I’m a high duke descendant of Devlin Rose in England and all my life I’ve been very serious about the position I was appointed to. I also accepted the fact that I would be celibate until it was time to marry. Knowing that, not many things that go on between my legs jeopardize my decisions or my appointment as a duke. My mother and my desire to make sure the memory of my grandfather and his father’s work is remembered with all who they have touched is always first and foremost in my life.”
“When I initially made the decision to ask you, true, it was a moment of panic, because I thought I would never see you again. But as I thought about it even after you slapped me, I begin to realize that the decision to have you as my wife makes perfect sense. My folly initially with my first wife-to-be was that I could not show enough confidence to please her sexually because of my virginity and reading and observing is much different than doing. I need a woman who can be an asset in my life and show me these things. I can marry as many times as I want after I lose my virginity to my first wife and bequeath the title of duchess when I want to. So marrying you will not only be and plus because of your knowledge sexually, but because if I don’t I will have failed at my mission to marry the woman I lose my virginity too.” His voice became overly disgusted as he said, “And don’t even think about trying to convince me to lie to another woman about my virgin state.”
He cooled himself down and continued. “On top of that, I would like to experience all there is with my first woman as a married man. I have anything money could buy, so whether she is rich or poor makes no difference to my appointment or me. I’m free to marry whomever I want. Her position in life whether it was the past or present has n bearings on my dukedom. Once I place a ring on her finger, she will be respected as my wife and if I so bequeath Duchess of Rose. Nothing else will be important except our future.”
Tanner wanted to cry, but bit the inside of her lip to stop herself from showing how his words were so sweet, because he seemed far from done.
“The fact that you have had experiences sexually is a plus and that I’m increasingly attracted to more than just your luscious body is a boon as well. Marriage to me would be no different than to anyone else. I am no one special. Just a man who want to feel like he is worthy to a woman who is so extraordinary that she can only see it through his eyes. I never dreamed of coming to Detroit. This was where the train let me off at and I had found a resource. None of this was planned but what’s done is done and my words are true and real. I want to marry you.”
The soliloquy had been powerfully stated and Tanner was close to tears by the conviction and passion of this man.
He wasn’t done though, but had taken a moment to allow her to soak up his words. His hands moved down to her arms and took her hands in his. “Very little amuses me, arouses me, or makes me uncomfortable. You make me feel all this and more at once.” He kissed her cheek. “From what I’ve surmised you need to lay low until your ex’s temper dies down. I need a woman who can teach me things. Three months should be enough for both of us.”
“You only want to marry me for ninety days?” she questioned.
“Well, I’m under the impression you have other plans. I understand that your education means a lot to you. Any longer would take you off course. I would secure any thing you need in that time so you would not have to return to Detroit and even though I am high profile, no one has to know if they aren’t looking for it or expecting it. I have a home in New York where I can hide you away from anyone looking for you.”
“You don’t have to marry me to sleep with me, Devlin.”
“I know, but for my own completeness I want to. I need to know you are mine only. I want to experience everything with you.”
Crudely, she said, “You can’t make a ho a housewife.”
He smirked not the least insulted. “True, but I don’t need anyone to pick up my socks, wash my clothes, clean my houses or cook my food. I have servants for that. Your company will do well enough.”
Tanner covered her mouth to stifle a laugh. “You’re crazy.”
“No, just a man who knows what he wants. And I want you. Will you marry me?”
Tanner's Devil 9.2 (c) 2006 Sylvia Hubbard


Sylvia Hubbard
Author of Stone's Revenge just newly re-released @ http://lulu.com/StonesRevenge .
Want to promote your book: http://HubBooks.biz



Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

No comments:

Books

Books
all books by Sylvia Hubbard - collect them all!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR HOW MANY BOOKS YOU'VE READ BY THIS AUTHOR! SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SIDEBAR AND CAST YOUR VOTES. EVEN IF YOU VOTED, BUT READ MORE, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR VOTE! VOTE TODAY AND VOTE OFTEN! THANKS

PUBLICIST DONATION

Help Me Pay My Publicist!


Click Here For Details



Or do me one better and buy a book at my bookstore (they make great gifts for all)!:
Sylvia Hubbar'ds Fiction Bookstore


Or pass the word to five friends because word of mouth is the best advertising and the more people that know about me the better chance I have to get that dream publishing deal from that dream publisher. Help a sistah out! Click Here or click the envelope above.
The copyright to the text of the blog is held by the author, where applicable. All images displayed are copyright their respective owners and are used either under licence or under the fair use provisions of international copyright law.