Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sex Weed - Part 14.2

After writing this chapter, I've resolved that I really don't like Dyson.

I was really hating him, but there was something about him that.... I can't explain.

Anyhoo, before we even get to that, I wanna share something with you guys.

I was having some doubts about the book, Secrets, Lies & Family Ties (renamed from Sweet Reunion), especially after my editor went through it with the red pen.

I was thinking about not going through and publishing it and just go through with a different novel like Sin's Iniquity or Tanner's Devil, which have been also a readers favorite as well.

Well, this morning, I got this email from a reader for no reason at all:

Hello Ms. Hubbard:

Just wanted to say I read 'Sweet Reunion' in the ebook format, and I'm quite impressed. Zeke and Grae were very entertaining, and your plot rivaled soapy plots l enjoy like no other, the characters (secondary) tied in well. Didn't expect Grae to be a ward of Gus who was Zeke's daddy, or the family reveals. Your romance was quite hot, and you built it until it was like please let them consumate it and now. Okay I read it twice, and I was quite taken by the story. I can tell you are quite intelligent, you used a few words I have to look up, lol. However I think you should definitely continue to see much sucess, because you definitely have mad skills as a writer, and I was quite entertained. Oh and Zeke stressing over hurting his Grae was wonderful, loved the inner thoughts, and Grae using these two men she loved deeply to insure her happiness gave me the reader a root worthy female heroine, and her popping Liz was priceless.....yes it was. I'd even enjoy seeing these two again, now you got me with the two brothers married to the same woman, but thats what authors do surprise me. As for your villians, good job showing motivation and a man's descent into madness when he finds not love or acceptace, you know I thought I'm so glad Zeke found his Grae, or he too could of ended up in a dark place.

Continue your work please I look forward to reading and purchasing more of your work, thanks too for the free reads, they are quite enjoyable...now I read "Lynx" where are the rest of those stories and yes I'd like to purchase them


This really brightened my day. I mean it really did because this was validation enough to say that I should go on with it.

Thank you for all your support and remember to start telling everyone you know that Sylvia's hitting the bookshelves again in August with SEcrets, Lies & Family Ties.

If you havent' done a review of the book in the guestbook on my website, then please do so now: http://sylviahubbard.com

And if you would like to down load a press sheet and hand it out to your local neighborhood book club and tell them to make it a book of the month then go to: http://sylviamhubbard.homestead.com/files/Microsoft_Word_-_SLF-PressKit.pdf
and download the press sheet.

Thanks again.

Enjoy....

------------------------------

this is a work in progress at: http://sylviahubbard.com/books.html.

Sex Weed - Part 14.2 (c) 2007 Sylvia Hubbard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a ddep chapter Slyvia. Dyson is really going through some things. He is going to find out that Melissa has a twin and that Daniel is reaally his son and not Reed's. Things are warming up! Tori

Books

Books
all books by Sylvia Hubbard - collect them all!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR HOW MANY BOOKS YOU'VE READ BY THIS AUTHOR! SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SIDEBAR AND CAST YOUR VOTES. EVEN IF YOU VOTED, BUT READ MORE, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR VOTE! VOTE TODAY AND VOTE OFTEN! THANKS

PUBLICIST DONATION

Help Me Pay My Publicist!


Click Here For Details



Or do me one better and buy a book at my bookstore (they make great gifts for all)!:
Sylvia Hubbar'ds Fiction Bookstore


Or pass the word to five friends because word of mouth is the best advertising and the more people that know about me the better chance I have to get that dream publishing deal from that dream publisher. Help a sistah out! Click Here or click the envelope above.
The copyright to the text of the blog is held by the author, where applicable. All images displayed are copyright their respective owners and are used either under licence or under the fair use provisions of international copyright law.